finish millwork, trim, hardware
- Interior finish millwork such as doors, trim, stair materials, paneling and beams have been finished with a sealer to prevent deterioration.
- Condensation spills or leakage should be wiped up at once to prevent discoloration. Neglected moisture can loosen the finish from the woodwork.
- Shrinkage in interior finish trim is normal.
- A putty-stick in a matching color will easily touch-up cracks or separations.
- Most hardware is permanently finished and needs little maintenance other than cleaning and oiling.
- Flashings, exhaust fan venting and soffit louvers are made of materials that resist rust and deterioration and little maintenance is needed beyond painting.
- An occasional drop of lubrication will keep locks and latches operating freely.