- During humid weather, lumber will absorb moisture and you may find doors and windows will swell, which may temporarily impair their operation.
- Do not be too quick to request adjustment; as the humidity drops, they will usually return to their original state.
- During periods of extreme humidity, you may notice moisture on foundation walls or floors. It may appear as though water is seeping through. When the humidity returns to normal, this condition will disappear.
- Also, during humid weather, your toilet tank may "sweat".
- As moisture is withdrawn, wood products will shrink. You may notice slight warpage of doors and the interior trim may pull away slightly from its fitted position. These usually return to their original position as the house "cures".