- Regularly clean with soap and water.
- Occasionally stains may occur that need to be removed. A foambased commercial cleaner is recommended for porous finishes.
- Again, soap and warm water may be used for cleaning, but may need to be rinsed twice to avoid film build-up.
- Abrasive cleaners should never be used.
- Placing hot pots and pans on laminated plastic surfaces will result in burn marks that cannot be removed short of replacement of the entire countertop.
- Only ceramic tile tops are generally capable of withstanding these temperatures without marring laminated plastic tops obviously require caution to avoid scratching and chipping.
- Even if your laminated plastic top looks like butcher-block, it is subject to damage if used as a cutting surface without protection.